Foot massage has a long history. It has been practiced in many civilizations for a long time, as a part of health care. Currently, foot massage is considered as a tool to relieve pain. This involves applying pressure at some specific point of the feet for improving blood circulation and complete relaxation. In modern society, manual foot massage has been replaced by foot massaging machines. There is no need to go to any spa or massage parlor as you can do it on your own at home. Like any other machines there are many foot massagers present in the market and this is a site where you will be able to find the best foot massager. It contains information about various foot massagers so that you can choose the best.
You may also like:
Best Back Massager
How to Choose the Perfect Foot Massager?
There are many foot massagers in the market. Be sure to know about what you need and go through the foot massagers reviews on this site to find the perfect one. Although, everyone has their own opinions we have made a detailed comparison guide, which compares the most popular foot massagers. You will also find the reviews of the 5 best foot massagers on the market, below the chart.
Types of Foot Massagers
There are many types of foot massagers of which the following are the most common.
- Shiatsu foot massager: This is a Japanese method of foot massage ideal for people with high stress levels. This is based on the principle of reflexology or applying presser to certain points during the massage and loaded with counter rotating heads that are designed to ensure comfort.
- Electric foot massager: These machines work on the principle of rolling or oscillating. These are powered by electricity and are designed to provide heat and vibration to your feet for complete relaxation of the muscles.
- Manual foot massager: These employ rolling action to massage soft tissues of the foot and are made of natural materials that the user operates manually. The basic model is a tube placed under the feet. The users roll the tube from the heel to the toes for complete massage.
- Water foot massager: These are like mini hot tubs for the feet, fitted with bubbling water jet and foot massage options. These are perfect for dry and tired feet. While the other types of massagers simply massage the feet, these exfoliate your feet with warm water and jet bubbles, thus nourishing your feet.
Foot massagers are also available in pillow types covered with soft non slip fabric, with micro beads and vibrating motors to provide you comfort and relaxation during the massage.
Features of Foot Massagers
Each foot massage machine can have certain features for improving convenience and comfort. The following are some of the basic features provided.
- Cushion Surface: These are generally made of soft foam injected with gel for ensuring comfort during massaging.
- Multiple speeds: These are provided with non-slip pads and have varying speed options for customized massaging experience.
- Convenient control: These are provided either with toe-touch controls when you can control the machine by simply pressing the button with your toes without bending down or when you have remote control to change settings conveniently.
- Infra-red heating: Foot massagers are provided with options to heat which can either be applied at the bottom of the foot or can include the ankle and the upper foot for decreasing muscle pains.
- Water jets: For having refreshing experience foot massagers can also have warm water jets. Water jets improve blood circulation and relax tight muscles.
Advantages of Using a Foot Massager
Foot massage is not only pleasurable but can provide many benefits. Finding the best foot massager can give you relief from the pain of wearing an ill-fitted shoe, fatigue of the foot and muscle pains as well. They can also play a greater role in improving overall health by reflexology when pressure is applied to certain pressure points thus alleviating many health issues. But if you do not have the time to go to a massage parlor then using foot massagers can be the only option left. Massaging with foot massagers has the following advantages:
- Improves your blood circulation: Foot massages help to relieve stress and improve blood circulation thus providing more oxygen and nutrition to the cells and also removing wastes and toxins from the body.
- Healthier feet: Foot massagers massage muscles, reduce stiffness and relive pain to make your feet healthier. These also bring balance when all the body systems work in harmony for achieving good health.
- Exfoliation: Massaging with water foot massagers help to exfoliate your skin by strong warm water jets. When the feet are soaked in warm water you have a nice soothing effect that refreshes your feet.
- Tranquility and relaxation: Massaging the feet helps to relieve stress and anxiety. When the solar plexus point of the feet is pressed, all of your stresses are removed and you live in a tranquil state of mind.
- Your energy rejuvenates: When the foot is rubbed or massaged with a massager it energizes the body due to the pressure applied on the pressure points of the feet.
- You enhance your immunity: Massaging with foot massagers also improves the blood flow and relieves stress resulting relaxation and healing. A regular foot massage with a foot massager helps to protect many diseases.
Review of The 5 Best Foot Massagers
Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus
The Medi-Rub 2000 Plus is one of the best foot massagers on the market. Many people would agree with this. We personally think that it is the best, all things kept in mind. Most importantly, this massager gives you an excellent massage, one you will be satisfied with. The Medi-Rub foot massager will immediately relieve your aching feet. This is ultimately known best for its 2 speed heavy duty motor which increases blood circulation while also activating the various nerves at the end of your feet, preventing aching feet. This is highly recommended for people with poor blood circulation and is most commonly used by diabetic patients.
Additionally, the vibration provided by this massager will not only vibrate your feet but you will also be able to feel the vibration all the way up to your thighs. Medi-Rub has done a brilliant job building this machine by not only making it sturdy, but also by not making the motor lag when pressure is applied. This massager will help you prevent cramps and is designed in such a way that it makes it less awkward to use the machine, allowing the preference of multiple positions. Although it may be a bit more expensive than other massagers it is definitely worth the price and it should last you a long time.
Thera-Band Foot Roller
You may be asking yourself what this massager is doing on this list. It is evidently outdated by most of the other top 5. So why did we include it? It’s simply due to its price. For around $10, the Thera-Band Foot Roller will get the job done. At this price point it is definitely one of the best manual foot massagers and it serves as a good entry-level massager if you are looking to test the waters before upgrading. Although it does not come with all the cool features, it is a great source of temporary relief from tired feet. It is used most commonly by people with plantar fascitis and with its ridged design this foot roller will enhance your foot massage experience!
SPT AB-762R Reflexology Foot Massager
The SPT AB-76R is definitely one of the more heavy foot massagers, however you can see why. It has numerous features that will aid to deliver a relaxing foot massage and help to sooth your feet. All you have to do is insert your feet, sit back and relax. With its 3-dimensional massage which includes vibrating percussion, kneading and infrared heating, you will be getting an improved blood circulation as well as an energizing massage.
One of the beneficial features is that it has a built in 15 minute timer, so it will automatically turn off after the massage, so you don’t even have to worry about it. Just grab yourself a cup of coffee or play around with your tablet and you’re set to feel the sense of rejuvenation that this massager provides.
Sunpentown Infrared Blood Circulation Massager
The Sunpentown Infrared Blood Circulation Massager is like any other massager in that it helps blood circulation. It features infrared heating with 8 treatments, a high intensity vibrator, and a strong magnetism all which help to stabilize your immune system and increase resistance to illness. It massages the acupuncture points to help increase metabolism and clear out the blood vessels.
So what makes it so special? It’s customization. This massager comes with both automatic and manual modes, so you can adjust it to your needs. You can also use this on other parts of your body, for example your calves, arms and some people have even used it for their back! One neat benefit is that it also comes with a remote with easy access to all the buttons.
Ijoy Ottoman 2.0 Foot Massager
The Ijoy Ottoman 2.0 is an interactive foot and calf massager, that provides exceptional 3-dimensional massages that will amaze you. It is well-known for its use of HTT or Human Touch Technology, which can basically determine human movements, providing you with the ultimate foot massaging experience.It is said to be one of the most advanced robotic systems.
This technology helps to deliver relaxing muscle treatments ready to knead your calves and legs. It includes 10 multi-speed rollers on each foot to stimulate reflexology. It can be adjusted to 3 different heights and different angles to increase comfortableness. Ultimately, this massager will keep you coming back for more and there is nothing like having your own personal
So, hopefully we have answered your question What is the best foot massager ?, by providing you with a brief overview of the top 5 massagers in the market as well as a detail comparison chart. In the end, it all boils down to personal preference, and one massager that works for one person might not be suitable for another person. It depends on your needs, your budget and your preference. So, what are you waiting for go ahead and grab yourself foot massager and experience a new lifestyle!